Monday, March 18, 2013

Lived in NYC for more than 6yrs?

Wow, so this is what a day off feels like! Last night I was so tired I found myself in deep sleep on the subway ride home. Despite sleep walking home from the train I managed to stay up until about 3am! Couldn't pull myself away form tying up loose ends and watching sixteen candles. Living here in NYC takes a special breed that can keep up with the pace and the ever changing city but also know how to relax and say no to the outing happening tonight and order in delicious Indian food. With so many options here for fashion, art, party, food, and people, as a artist you've got to digest fast, build up your metabolism and take your vitamins. Cause if this city doesn't want you here it will spit you out just as fast as you came here! Yes, Honey its true! Ive seen it. The pressures of this city will make people go crazy, literally.

In Miami, the first question people ask you is "where are you from,?" ( and then proceed to guess all the wrong places) here in NYC the first question is "what do you do?" Yes ma'am and people got all sort of answers, and more power to you if you say something that you love. Which brings me to a shout out to all my friends that are not from NYC but have made this city their home for years and are successful, strong, creative and have set a great example of what being a artist is like in this city what ever shape or form. This is your huge viral pat on the back from me for doing your thing here and looking damn good while you do it!  And to everyone else other places I give you a huge high five for representing where you at and keeping it sexy while you do it.

Tonight support Chris Rudd at
320 West 37th St. (Happy Hour with Broadway Stars singing for you!) 8pm

https://twitter.com/hmwttb and join my website at www.thetattooedballerinas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment