Sunday, March 17, 2013

Perspective, Miami?, & Zodiac forecast

This summer I will be program assistant to the fabulous Alice Tierstein  the founder and director of Young DanceMakers Company. Its a wonderful program that is free for inspiring NYC high school students that want to choreograph! The program teaches them tools to create and provides performance venues in all boroughs. Fantastic opportunity. Well any who today was the final call backs and the kids were dancing for their lives, no one had to sashay away today, no ma'am. Yes really, I mean so invested and brave and taking risks in their movement choices. It reminded me of my youthful days back in Miami when all I would think about were making dances to my favorite songs on the radio and what chiffon custom I would wear. But most of all watching these young dancers put in perspective for me what its all about, expression without boundaries or judgement of self and others. I did have a moment where I felt like the grandma version of Wynonna Rider in Edward Scissor Hands, reading the story to the younger girl, just looking back at a time where I actually wore a size zero and creating movement was purely about an idea I had and nothing else. But then I realize that after all these cold hard years in NYC I'm not that jaded (I say with a smirk and my fingers crossed). I look forward to these young dancers reteaching  me lessons that I sometimes don't give myself credit for living by.

On a different note Why do they allow Ultra to happen in Miami? Really? Now don't get me wrong I'm born and raised in the county of Dade, but don't extend this mess of a gathering for another weekend.

 Plant Forecasts

This week begins with two planetary movements that will make you smile and ends with one that wont. The good news starts on Sunday, March 17, with the end of Mercury retrograde.

No comments:

Post a Comment